Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1

July 1 has a history of being a rather eventful day in our lives. This year, we are moving. Five years ago, I had a miscarriage during our first pregnancy. Four years ago, my brother, Christopher, died. I kind of hate July 1.

In the interest of staving off depression, here is a short list of some of my best memories of Christopher:
1. He was always willing to go so far over the top to get a laugh. Once, at a church event, there was a contest to see who could produce the best fake vomit. Christopher actually vomited. Most of his antics were less gross, but still really funny.

2. Christopher really loved babies and little kids. He was equally willing to cuddle a newborn and wrestle with a six year old. He was a great uncle to Niki's boys, and I am sure he would have loved my kids too.

3. He could thread a piece of spaghetti up his nose and out his mouth.

4. Even as a little kid, he loved to eat duck. It was always funny to hear a five year old request duck for dinner.

5. When he was a toddler, he would march around the house with his eyes scrunched shut singing the "Duck Tales" theme song at the top of his lungs.

6. He made really good waffles and pancakes from scratch.

7. He had gorgeous curls that got him tons of attention both as a toddler and a high schooler. When I was a senior and he was a freshman, people would ask me, "Oh, are you Chris's sister? His afro is awesome!"

8. He used to talk to people in public in a very convincing sounding fake language and make me "translate" for him. It was particularly entertaining when he ordered food in restaurants.

We love you and miss you every day, Christopher!





No comments:

Post a Comment